Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Human Influence

We live in a world with hundreds of influences both good and bad. Some build us up while others break us down. There are worldly influences, spiritual influences, unseen influences, seen influences, strong influences, weak influences, tangible influences, intangible influences, and the list goes on and on. One of the most important influences is the "Human Influence". We are all human and we all have a chance to influence someone. We give people a chance to learn from us, to be comforted by us, to be strengthened by us and we influence someone whether we realize it or not. The definition of an influence is "the capacity or powers of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behaviors, opinions, etc., of others". We can influence someone by our words, our actions, or even just our presence.

There are many who have influenced my life and I'm sure most of them haven't even realized that they have. They either told me something that I needed to know, inspired me to make a difference, or made me see what life is really about. I have been broken by some, but that gave another the opportunity to build me up. Without one, there cannot be the other. We must have people there to break us, because then we may be fixed. They break our weakest parts, the parts that need to be strengthened the most. It's sometimes better to fix something from scratch, because then you lessen the chance of making a mistake. So those that break us are really doing us a favor. It may be painful, but the renewal process is worth the scars and bruises.

My bestest friend and "sister", Emily, influenced me a lot this year. She taught me that there is always something better. When we think we have something great and we lose it, it is to give us the chance to find something even greater. She taught me that it's important to not let things, both big and small, come between a friendship. It's better to resolve things sooner than later.

My very best friend, Cougar, taught me I can make a difference just by listening. He taught me that my past is meant to be a tool to influence those who come into my life. He influenced me and motivated me to be the friend I had always wanted to be last year. He showed me that I can change a life just by bringing a friend on a drive around town. He taught me that we all go through something, but that something happens for a reason. It happens so that we can be a better and stronger influence in someone else's life.

My friend, Holly, taught me that there will always be someone out there who knows exactly how you feel and you have to be open and willing to listen, otherwise you won't find that someone. She also taught me that there is no such thing as an unlikely friend. You will always find something to love in everyone.

My friend, Caden, taught me that we choose to be happy. Even though this is something I always secretly knew, he magnified this in my life. Happiness really is a choice. We choose to let something build us up or break us down and even when we slip and let something break us down, there will always be something or someone there to build us back up even stronger than before.

My friend, Austin, taught me that Christ is most important.

My friend, Riley, taught me that my past doesn't matter and that I can't let it affect my present and my future.

All of the friends that I have now taught me that there will always be people who accept me for who I am and who will always love me and be there for me and it doesn't matter who I was or what I did or what I'll even do. They taught me that the true friends go through the fire with you.

Be aware of those you influence, because you influence someone every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment