Monday, January 12, 2015

Forever and a Day

Forever seems so far, an eternal distance away
I stand without patience for that long awaited day
Though in spirit you stand so near by my side
I'm anxious to see you, my comfort and guide
You came as a gift to this suffering earth 
Without wrapping or bows was your humble birth
Angels appeared to shepherds while asleep
Told them of the Great Shepherd with them as His sheep
Kings followed the star that brightened their way
To the stable and manager where the Savior lay
Your life was as bright as the star that great night
And became the world's king, it's peace and its light
The sick and the dead were healed by thy hand
That created the worlds that numbered the sand
You sat with the sinners and the lowly of heart
You showed their souls' worth and made them a part
Some still didn't believe, despite all the signs
Their faith was flawed and filled with doubtful lines
You continued to walk as the father had said
Even to the garden where you suffered and bled
For this was the Great Plan that your love overcame
That saved all your sheep without sorrow or blame
Then those faithless came with your betrayer too
That the plan may continue through the life of you
They crowned you with thorns and spit at your face
And nailed you to the cross at the sinners' death place
I don't need a sign or a star in the sky
To receive an answer to how and why
I feel your presence abiding in my heart
And thou hast let me see the better part
I'll follow thee and walk the narrow way
As I wait to meet thee in Forever and a Day

No comments:

Post a Comment